Best Travel Insurance
May 11, 2017
Once you have finished selecting and paying for your trip, your travel agent will try and sell you some form of travel insurance. Don’t let him fool you into thinking that you must have insurance because you should remember that purchasing this insurance is your choice. Very often, these would be package insurance deals that may contain some kind of cover that you do not need or require. You can make the insurance much cheaper by not taking the cover that is unnecessary so you should do some research on your destination. You should not have to pay for an emergency or an eventuality that is extremely unlikely to happen to your family or to you.
Some form of travel insurance cover is desirable especially if you are going to another country. For instance, some kind of medical coverage will promote your peace of mind and let you relax and enjoy your holiday. You can get cheap deals on several categories of travel insurance cover such as medical expenses, terrorism and flight trip cancellation.
Here are some tips to help you get cheap travel insurance:
- Make sure that the insurance company providing the coverage is reputable and can be relied upon to honor your claims. You can check out customer testimonials and reviews online but you should be cautioned that these can often be biased or planted. If you have the slightest doubt about the credibility of a particular insurer, go to another insurer
- Instead of going to a travel agent, an online travel service or a insurance broker, you could probably obtain the best rates if you go directly to the insurance company
- Do a lot of comparison shopping and compare the different deals that you are offered before taking the cheapest and the best. Compare rates, coverage, deductibles and so on. Shopping online is ideal for this purpose.
- Check to see that the insurer has the relationship with medical facilities and hospitals at your destination. They should have the wherewithal in terms of contact phone numbers and emergency systems to be able to take care of you if you should need them
- Beware if the cheap travel insurance policy has hidden terms and conditions that could make it useless when you really need it. The ideal travel insurance policy should have all the terms and conditions incorporated in the policy in a clear and comprehensive fashion. That way, if you have a problem when you are on holiday, you can read the policy conditions to see what you should do next.
- Make an assessment of the valuable items that you will be taking with you and try and get an idea of the risk of flight cancellation or delay. This way you can assess the extent of the coverage that you will require. The length of your stay is another factor that you should take into account. If you are not sure how long you’re going to stay, make sure that the policy provides for cheap extension of the validity of the cover.